I Am The Voice For Ekiti Masses - John Olabode Wesley (MFR)

John Wesley Olabode is one of the young Nigerians who have hearkened to the call for the involvement of the youth in mainstream politics in Nigeria. Prior to this dispensation of elections, he had in 2015 taken the centre stage when he declared to run for the Presidency of Nigeria, a move which of course has helped many young Nigerian understand the precarious situation the nation is in without the youths who make up more than half of Nigeria's population in key government positions.
However, today, Olabode who is popularly known as MFR which is an acronym for movement for restoration is seeking to be elected into the house of representative to represent Ekiti central constituency 1. He has pitched his tent with Young democratic party. MFR declared his desire to Guguru FM in a chat with Kingsley Momoh in Lagos.


Excerpts
How would you describe John Wesley Olabode? 
John Wesley Olabode is a rugged and an indefatigable activist willing to give up anything for the welfare of the masses. I would carefully describe myself as a young Nigerian, who hails from Ado-Ekiti in Ekiti State whose upbringing and experience in Nigeria has moulded a man who becomes restless at the sight of inadequacies in society particularly where such could have been prevented by simple actions which weren't taken.

You sound serious with your ambition, Nigerians would like to know the experience you claim to have in Nigeria that has moulded you.
As a further point, I would like to state it again that I don't only sound serious, I am serious and I have been serious and will continue to be serious. Nigeria deserves serious and dedicated leadership and that is what I am willing to give to the people of Ekiti state and Nigeria.
I studied English Language and Literature-in-English at the University of Ibadan U.I. , Oyo state. During my time at the university, Fighting for the interest of students as a Student’s Parliament Council Representative and Majority Leader was a responsibility I took with all seriousness. Furthermore, I was involved in activities of the National association of Nigerian students NANS across the nation. I have decided to contest for this role because of I have the interest of the masses at heart. They deserve the kind of representation that John Wesley Olabode can give. The Ekiti people are unique people and they deserve the best. 

Can you give us one or two of such activities?
There are too many to count but I think I can easily point out this one that happened at the Olabisi Onabanjo University sometime back when the University community was enveloped in a bloody clash of interests. Being a member of NANS, we took it as our responsibility  despite the risk to our lives to ensure the safety of many students. Sometimes I look back and wonder what would have happened to those students if we didn't step in as at the time we did. I have an in depth knowledge of the intrigues in Ekiti state and the challenges of the populace and what a credible and charismatic representation will bring to them.

Lets leave that, tell us about your professional background
I am a writer, actor, motivational speaker, chief compere and media consultant. It is with pride that I say my jobs have afforded me the opportunity to meet people of all strata of society in different parts on Nigeria. It has always been a charging experience to bring to bare what Nigeria needs in terms of good and credible governance. 

What should Ekiti central constituent expect of you?
I am on a mission for reformation and my absolute interest is in the masses. When your voice seem not be loud enough for you to be heard, a louder voice is required to echo the desires and yearnings of such low voices of the masses. I’m that voice for the Masses

No comments

Powered by Blogger.